Alexsys Team® Service Desk
Alexsys Team Web Based Customer Support
Alexsys Team 2 Service Desk is an add-on product for Alexsys
Team 2 that provides fully interactive web-based customer
support (portal) sites that work seamlessly with your Alexsys
Team 2. The Service Desk Visual Builder and standard AJAX
architecture make it easy to add a Team 2 integrated customer
service desk to your existing web site.
Service Desk user registration can be
self-registering, moderated, or automatic using external
validation like Active Directory. Once registered, service desk
users can submit new tickets, view their tickets, add notes and
attachments, view responses, and receive email notifications
when responses are added to their tickets.
Alexsys Team Service Desk is implemented using
AJAX to provide superb performance and maintain security.
Try the Alexsys Team Service Desk
Alexsys Team Service Desk Login Screen
Alexsys Team Service Desk My Tickets Screen
Alexsys Team Service Desk Submit New Ticket Screen
Alexsys Team Service Desk Self Registration Screen
- Flexible Registration - Users can self register
with an email confirmation, moderators can
approve users, or users can be externally
validated. An ASPX script is provided to use
Active Directory as a login method into a service
desk that automatically registers the users and
keeps their profiles up to date.
- Submit and View Tickets – Users can submit
new tickets and view their tickets.
- Add Notes and Attachments – Users can
add notes and attachments to existing tickets.
- View Responses – Users can immediately see
responses entered in Alexsys Team. Alexsys
Team work requests contain special response
notes that are viewable on the service desk.
- Edit Profiles – Users can update their profile information and reset their passwords. Pre-validated users (like Active Directory) can be automatically updated.
- Browser Independent – Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, and Safari web browsers.
- Unlimited Service Desks and Service Desk Users – Create as many Service Desks as required. There are no limits or charges based on number of Service Desks or Service Desk users.
- Operates in Trial Mode – The Service Desk works with your current Team installation and runs as a fully functional trial version so you can evaluate it. The trial version is limited to 100 tickets.
- Fully Integrated with Team -
When a Service Desk user
submits a new ticket, a new
Team Work Request is created
using the specified request type.
Alexsys Team users update,
respond, and close work
requests and Team takes care of
updating the Service Desk. Team
Notifications and Escalations can
be used to send response
confirmations to users, notify
Team users of new tickets and
user notes, and escalate tickets
that require attention.
- Leverages the Power of
Team – Since Service Desk
tickets are Alexsys Team work
requests, you can use the power
of Team to automatically update
fields with triggers, send email
notifications to Alexsys Team
members or Service Desk users,
escalate, calculate, etc.
- Multiple Service Desks –
Team can support multiple
Services Desks for different needs. Each Service Desk is configurable with a registration method, default request type, custom numbering, new ticket defaults values, attachment security and limits, and custom email templates for user registration.
- Service Desk Users – Service Desk user information is stored in a Team lookup table so they can be monitored, viewed, or deactivated using Team.
- Response Notes – Team users can add a response note to a work request and it is immediately displayed on the Service Desk. All other Flags, Discuss, and notes remain private and are viewable by Alexsys Team users but not shown on the Service Desk.
- Visual Designer for Ticket Lists and Ticket Forms – The Visual Designer lets you graphically layout the ticket lists and new ticket forms using your Team database fields names, automatically updating the web pages and scripts so no programming is required.
- Style based – Style sheets architecture makes it easy for your web designer to adapt the service desk to match your web site.
- Integrated Knowledge Base – The basic service desk provided includes a tab to search the Team knowledge base to provide a complete support experience.
The Alexsys Team Service Desk is implemented in two parts:
- The second part is our AJAX API and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) which are implemented using Team-Web. Service Desk functions can be accessed from any state-of-the-art server-side or client-side system like .NET, Ruby on Rails, PHP, etc.
The AJAX API permits the full and interactive retrieval of Team data for tickets and Team Lookup tables for display or to create intelligent content and drop-downs.
Architecture Key Features
- Complete Security – runs outside your firewall and supports all IIS security including: IIS Port configuration, Host limiting, and SSL.
- Ticket Visibility Control – Service Desk users can only view their own tickets. In addition, each Service Desk can have its own filter to further limit viewable tickets based on age, status, or any other condition deemed appropriate.
- Superb Performance – Team Service Desk AJAX requests have been fully optimized to deliver maximum performance. We even permit multiple requests at one time to further optimize performance.
- Dynamic Content Support – Dynamic content support allows you to create an advanced and interactive experience for your Service Desk users. Data can be retrieved from Team Lookup Tables filtered and automatically formatted to populate select drop-downs with one line of code.
Professional Services Available
- Alexsys Team Configuration to create required Rules, Triggers, Notifications, and Escalations.
- Training and Consultation to assist your web developers.
- Web Development to completely implement your service desk onto your web site.
- Unlimited phone support for customers with extended support. Training and Web Development can be provided at an additional charge.
||Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista or later with Internet Information Server (IIS).
||IE 6, Firefox 2, Safari 3 or later.
||Alexsys Team 188.8.131.522 or later.
||Alexsys Team-Web must be configured but need not be